Saturday 11 October 2014

Witchy Tea

I'm calling this "witchy" tea because it just came to me, like blam! and insisted on being made right away, so that's what I did; "witchy" just seems like the right word for that. Please excuse my not-so-good photos this time, I didn't want to put the kitchen light on and disturb the serenity.

You will need:
A sprig of rosemary

Two slices of lemon (or a tablespoon of lemon juice)

A green tea teabag

A camomile teabag

I don't like camomile tea, I have those teabags for my hair, so I was surprised when my body said that's what it wanted, but anyway...
Put everything in an infuser or a teapot

Add slightly-less-than-boiling water

And let it stand for at least three minutes.

I let mine sit for about five minutes before plunging and pouring.

And I stirred in about a teaspoonful of ground cinnamon, because I'm me.

I found this very pleasant. I wasn't sure about the camomile, but I tasted it before I added any cinnamon and my reaction was I don't hate it! I was surprised, I really was. I need to learn that good things happen when I trust my inklings and intuition.

Worlds of love,
Cassandra Louise.

10 comments:

  1. I like cranberry herbal tea and I have my own items I put it in too... I am all about making it the way I like it... We all have out own likes and dislikes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I find sometimes a herbal tea needs a little something extra to really appeal to me. :-)

      Delete
  2. Interesting!!! I am going to give this a go. I have never thought of mixing teas before. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! Let me know if you like it. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of this. I love a good "witchy" brew. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! And thanks for commenting! :-D

      Delete
  4. Sounds very therapeutic. Cinnamon is supposed to be good for lowering blood pressure too. What does camo tea do for your hair? Make it shiny? Cassandra I tried to subscribe by email and it told me it's not enabled. I'm not sure if it's my end or yours but I thought you might like to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camomile tea makes hair shiny and brings out natural highlights. :-)
      Thanks for letting me know about the email thing, I'll check it out. x

      Delete
  5. I strugle with herbal tea because I feel like it doesn't actually *taste* like anything, it just smells! It's always so disappointing because it smells fabulous!
    Your Witchy Tea seems like it would taste delicious though!

    ReplyDelete