Here's the bit where I tried to get a "before" picture:
I started by taking out anything dead, and crying a little if it was something not meant to be dead; then I stood up the droopy climbers (tomatoes and potatoes). I had no plant ties or old stockings, so I cut some strips of bubble wrap and tied them very loosely. I took out some of the clover, but left a bit because I like it, and another patch I left in a tub I then sprinkled lettuce seeds in. Clover actually puts nitrogen in the soil rather than sucking it up, so my lettuce will be extra green and lush! I also found one basil plant- I thought none of them had taken!- and a little radish plant.
I took out my last silverbeet plant. It had always been stunted and recently got attacked by bugs. The plant was over a year old, so I thought I'd use it's space for something else. I was a bit sad but managed to save this much to eat:
So not a total loss. The roots and the rest of the leaves are in my compost bin.
If you are very obsessive or have a lot of free time, you may remember this little guy:
Well, now my chilli plant looks like this:
It's in a much bigger pot and gives my more fruit than I can use. Wonderful!
Then I tried to get an after picture for you:
Well, you get the idea.
Signed with love and joy,