Sunday 18 March 2012

Sunday Selections- Mist Edition

Today I am linking up with Kim from Frog Ponds Rock for Sunday Selections, to share some photographs that would otherwise be locked away in my camera for all time.
...
I love mist and fog.  Love them.  Not all the time, but early on a Summer morning, when the air is thin and moist, when there's a soft white glow that seems to creep in on silent feet, and sneak away just as silently and suddenly.  I usually try to take photographs of Summer mist.  I feel it deserves pictures, as the conditions have to be just right for mist to be born.  These pictures were taken of the horse paddocks near my home, at about 4:30am Queensland time, in late January or early February (not exactly sure when, but that's not the important part).
 This top picture was taken as I eagerly ran down the stairs, making sure I got at least one shot of it before it ran away.
At the bottom or the stairs, and no longer running, I took this one.



Having crossed the road, this was taken standing at the fence.
Running to the corner of the paddock to catch a shot of the mist through the trees.
The not-running version of the trees.
Closer to the river.
Newly planted trees by the river.
Horse paddock fence and frost on the ground.  This is the only picture taken with a flash.
Morning dew in a broken spider web, as close as I could get.

As I ran about, crossing two rocky, empty "country" roads, I realised my feet were very cold, and wondered why.  it was then I spied my own wet footprints on the road and realised...
In my excitement, I'd forgotten shoes.
Then I looked at my cold, wet feet, and never mind the state of them!

I hope you enjoy these pictures of my misty Summer morning.  I really did enjoy taking them.

Signed with love,
Cassandra Louise.

17 comments:

  1. I was smiling as I chased the mist with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that makes me smile all over again. :-)

      Delete
  2. I loved them. There is something soft and magical about the mist. And feet can be cleaned. And washed and warmed.
    Thank you for running out to take these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just full of joy that I can share a little of that morning.

      Delete
  3. I love mist. We get a lot of it here, I agree with the Elephant's Child there's definitely something mystical & mysterious about it & you have captured that. The feet photo is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the foot prints were so clear on the road, I felt I just had to get a photograph. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love watching the mist too :) We have hills both in front and behind our house, with valleys in between, so their is often mist about :) Lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mist there must be wonderful! I'm glad you like these photos. :-)

      Delete
  5. Morning mist isn't something I ever thought to take photos of. I haven't seen any for a while, nor frost on the ground either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fascinates me that although it gets very hot here in Summer, we still get mist and frost at dawn. I find I'm usually asleep at dawn lately. Probably for the best. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos - I love mist too.

    But wait - you live in QLD and you have frost on the ground already? That so does not fit with my idea of Queensland, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's frost on the ground almost every morning before dawn, but it's all gone by about 6am. I think it may be because we're so close to the river here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful photos. What a beautiful place!

    And I love the footprints!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post. Love the bare feet footprints. I'm with you on the beauty of early morning mist in Summer or even Spring. When you know it is going to be a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed the mist since moving to the city last year. Nice to look back. :-)

      Delete