Saturday 28 April 2018

Biome Haul

(not a paid review. I just like my new stuff) 

Ok so I say "haul". It's a slight exaggeration. I only got three things, but in my defence, I am not particularly wealthy and "some stuff I got" is not as good a title.

My order arrived quickly (probably at least partly due to the company and me both being in Brisbane) and came in a lovely little brown post satchel with an exciting little sticker on it to let me know what was inside.



So what did I get!?

I'm getting to that. Do calm down. I got these things:


And this lovely little personalised note:


But I didn't test the note, I only tested the things.

The first item was this environmental toothbrush:


This isn't the first time I've used one of these toothbrushes, so I won't include a review here, but you can read all about how excited I was my first time by following this link, which will open up in a new window so you can go read it later.

The second thing I ordered were these wooden disposable teaspoons.



My plan is to always have a couple in my handbag, so if I get a coffee or a cake when I'm out, I can use them rather than the plastic ones that are usually provided. I do know from experience these spoons can be washed by hand and used a few times before they wear out, when I will pop them into my compost bin. If you try to wash them in the dishwasher, it's too hot and the spoons lose their shape. NEVER MIND HOW I KNOW!


The third item I got was these reusable produce bags, to use in place of the single-use ones provided in the fruit and veg section of the supermarket:


Each bag is fairly large, but only weighs 10 grams:


and eight bags fit into the handy carry pouch:


This one is holding just under one kilogram of bananas, and could easily hold another kilo:


The bags are made from recycled plastic bottles.

I will definitely be placing another order in the future!

If you would like to check out the range, you can visit Biome here (opens in a new window) or check out their Twitter and Facebook profiles (those do too).

Let me know what you think!

Cassandra Louise.

This post was shared in the April "Snapped Up" Linky Party.


Home and Horizon Snapped Up Linky

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the reusuable spoons but the produce bags got me really excited. I honestly didn't know that these things existed - so thanks for enlightening me. I can see how they'd really come in useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only recently found out about them myself! I've been looking for some that are not too expensive and nice and light. These ones are great, especially being recycled.

      Delete
    2. Yes - and we all like to do something great for the environment don't we? :-)

      Delete