Friday 4 May 2012

I love my cup!

When I first wrote about my search for a reusable cup here, I promised a follow-up when I finally found one.
This is it!
I found one!

I found the perfect reusable travel cup!
(Please imagine beautiful flashing lights around that)

After all my deliberation, I didn't order one online, didn't get a Keep Cup (although I really like them and may get one in the future) I got one from my local supermarket.The reason I got it from the supermarket was, honestly, because it was there, and it was quite cheap.


This is my cup:
When I wrote the first post about reusable cups, I talked a lot about my reasons for wanting a reusable travel cup, but I didn't know you guys very well back then, so I left one little thing out:

I really wanted a cup with a lid so I could drink my morning cup of tea in the shower to save time, so to "test out" my cup, that's what I did.

My lovely cup of tea in the travel cup:

And the closest thing you'll get to proof that I had a cup of tea in the shower:

Of course that was all in fun.  The main reasons I wanted the travel cup were of course waste reduction and my fidgety personality, and so I present to you beautiful, wonderful, fluffy cafe hot chocolate in my reusable travel cup!
And I did indeed leave the cafe before I was finished and take it with me.  It was a wonderful feeling, and I was the only person walking down Adelaide St in Maryborough drinking hot chocolate. :-D

My travel cup lives in the wonderful world of my handbag (no picture of that, I don't want to scare you guys!) so I always know I have it with me... unless it's in the washing up.  Hmmm... I really need two... :-/

I love you almost as much as I love that sprinkly chocolatey stuff,
Cassandra Louise.

12 comments:

  1. I'm not very much a coffee drinker or anything like that. I like drinking tea and hot chocolate but I don't need to have it every day. But my husbands different he has to have a voltage from Gloria jeans every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few cups of tea absolutely every day... not often in the shower, though.
    I have either a coffee or a hot chocolate when I'm out, about once per week, in my very own cup! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH, I need to find one of these! I have a metal one and a dumpy plastic one, I hate them both!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog, I'm following yours now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me *ages* to find this one, and then I just walked past it at the supermarket one day! :-D

      I hope you find a cup you like. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi, Cassandra! Thank you for your lovely words on my blog. I'm glad I found yours too, just following it. I loved this post about the reusable cup! I love tea (drinking some apple tea right now, btw), and this would be great! Hmm... I think I need to go hunt something in the loca supermarket here too.

    Kisses from Brazil! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I hope you enjoy your time here. :-D

      Delete
  5. Seriously fabulous idea. I need a BIG one though. Nothing more disappointing than seeing the end of a cup of coffee.
    Makes me haz a sad.
    Following you on Twitter and now found your blog through FYBF. Noice! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I do understand. :-D Check out Keep Cup if you're interested in your own, they have all sizes, even really, really big. :-)

      Delete
  6. Nothing wrong with drinking your tea or coffee in the shower - especially if the kids leave you alone and you can drink it while hot.
    I'd try it, but I can barely see the shampoo with my glasses off so it's probably not a good idea to add scalding liquid to the problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a big coffee drinker but gave it up last year. But I do love the idea of a travelling cup for my peppermint tea. Drinking in the shower? Wow! That is a time saver ! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have loved one of these my former life as a city working office chick. These days I have one of those photo mugs from Officeworks with pics of my kid inside it :) My second year mother's day gift, just what I wanted. I can't say it's much fun to drink out of though, it's kind of thick rimmed and plasticy. Your travel cup looks much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one too and it sits on my desk at the office. Whenever I need a hot chocolate or tea, I take it with me to the canteen.

    ReplyDelete